The Greater Richmond, Virginia Scholarship Fund has been established through the hard work of our club members, the generosity of our donors and the many Buckeye fans and alumni. Our club is proud to provide scholarships to students in Greater Richmond who are accepted at Ohio State and are committed to attend.
Students from Greater Richmond may be awarded scholarship money based on the following criteria:
- Admittance to the University
- Record of participation in school, community, extracurricular activities, and academic merit
- Quality of answers to several essay questions
- Potential interview with one or more of our Scholarship Committee members
Apply for a scholarship
Search the online list of applications to find the Alumni Club of Greater Richmond scholarship listing. Application links are open annually from November 1 until February 1.
Additional information on scholarships and financial aid at Ohio State can be found online at sfa.osu.edu.
For questions, contact Leslie Smith, Smith.firstname.lastname@example.org, 614-292-6576 at the Alumni Association.
To donate to Greater Richmond, Virginia Scholarship Fund, visit our online giving page to make a gift.
- 2015: William Aidan, Monica Sarp
- 2014: Rob Solomson, Neall Sarmey
- 2013: Tariq Hamzey (Maggie Walker Governor’s School), Andrew Horbaly (Albemarle High School)
- 2012: Taylor Coombs (Hanover High School), Nicholas Balog (Patrick Henry High School)
- 2011: Margaret “Maggie” Echols (Monticello High School), Nicole Tignor (Hanover High School), Laura Guthrie (Hanover High School)
- 2010: Patrick Christ (Matoaca High School), Sarah Habermehl (Prince George High School), Lauren Kozar (Colonial Forge High School)
- 2009: David C. Gerstenmaier Jr. (Douglas Freeman High School)
- 2008: James A. Habermehl (Prince George High School)
- 2007: Kayla Zeiters (Thomas Dale High School), Mitchell Thomas (Albemarle High School)
- 2006: David W. Lowery (Hanover High School), Kelly M. Onder (J.R. Tucker High School)
- 2005: Adam Winston (Maggie Walker Governor’s School)
- 2004: Zachary Timmons (Woodside High School), Brandon Miller (Lloyd C. Bird High School)
- 2003: Jennifer Villacres (North Stafford High School)
- 2002: Peter Chang (Miles E. Godwin High School), Jessica Beck (Douglas S. Freeman High School)
- 2001: Sean Griffin (Miles E. Godwin High School), Mark Spain (Lafayette High School)
- 2000: Maria Chang (Miles E. Godwin High School)
- 1999: Morgan L. Wonorski (E.C. Glass High School)
- 1998: Rachel Hovis (Maggie Walker Governor’s School)
- 1997: Katie Edwards
- 1996: Sarah Nagle (J.R. Tucker High School)
- 1995: Ashley Whitt
- 1994: Andrew Zemon (Nelson County High School)
- 1993: William Ridder (Lloyd C. Bird High School)
- 1992: Elizabeth Ridder (Lloyd C. Bird High School)
- 1991: Christopher A. Krajacich (Monacan High School)